www.hutchsmotorbikeforum.co.uk
Hi and welcome to our Motorbike forum , Please take time to read our "Rules , Information & discounts for users" section , Hope you enjoy your stay and tell all your biker friends

hutchsmotorbikeforum

This is a motorbike forum,and all are welcome

our facebook page (please click the link below)
hutchsmotorbikeforum face book page
Follow us on Twitter
Make a donation to help with the running of our forum

Latest topics

» Been a while
by Davehutch Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:35 pm

» Riding like a nob
by Chadatious Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:20 pm

» Closing down on the 25th June !!! UPDATE ! now continuing running the forum !
by Chadatious Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:18 pm

» Hello everyone.......
by Davehutch Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:25 am

» Hi Everyone.!!
by canuck7 Sun May 28, 2017 12:31 pm

» Happy Birthday Stan
by Davehutch Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:48 pm

» Triumph launch night
by smilinjack Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:26 pm

» Haven't forgotten ....
by Chadatious Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:10 pm

» This guy looks close to a spammer
by Chadatious Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:09 pm

Top posters
Davehutch (13747)

dick65 (11566)

Stue11 (10225)

Chadatious (9410)

lee (5579)

BanditMike (4061)

madsod (4042)

XS1100 (3976)

stantheman (3839)

fr499y (3336)

Top posting users this week

Most active topic starters
Davehutch

XS1100

Chadatious

Stue11

madsod

dick65

Oldfart

smilinjack

lee

fr499y

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 What would you recommend and why? on Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:31 pm

fr499y

Put it simply, I've had nothing but shit luck with the last 3-4 bikes I've bought ( XJR is a exception ) so this sort of time next year I will be looking for a different bike. What bikes would you lot recommend and why? doesn't matter if its a sports bike, a tourer, a cruiser etc etc.

2 Re: What would you recommend and why? on Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:36 pm

dick65

personally im hoping to get a new gsx 1250 FA next year
plenty power, comfy, full fairing and enough luggage ,a good all rounder - as I use a bike daily for me it ticks all the boxes and for £6000 new you cant argue with that thumbs

http://bazzarpixie.co.uk/tops.html

3 Re: What would you recommend and why? on Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:51 pm

Chadatious

tuono! you know it make sense!

4 Re: What would you recommend and why? on Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:20 pm

dirtydog

Kawasaki zrx1100  obviously in Kwak green Eddie lawson rep.. The old man rides his all year round been through the Mountsorrel  floods (Dave or @gaz XS1100 will vouch for there severety)  it's never missed a beat.... On a personal note I enjoy riding it and give it as much stick as my zxr and it never fails to make me smile.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by dirtydog on Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Link added)

5 Re: What would you recommend and why? on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:17 pm

fr499y

going to give the big naked muscle bikes a miss, had a few and tried the suzuki and kawasaki alternatives. my neck doesn't get on with them as the stretch from seat to bar is a bit too much for me.

6 Re: What would you recommend and why? on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:39 pm

dirtydog

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:going to give the big naked muscle bikes a miss, had a few and tried the suzuki and kawasaki alternatives. my neck doesn't get on with them as the stretch from seat to bar is a bit too much for me.

Bah!!! What's wrong with you lol

Ok so what about the polar opposite of the muscle bikes something like zzr1400

7 Re: What would you recommend and why? on Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:55 pm

fr499y

could be worth a look. Will add it to the list to test Smile

8 Re: What would you recommend and why? on Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:35 pm

dirtydog

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:could be worth a look. Will add it to the list to test Smile

I've never ridden one but it's certainly something I'd give good thought to if I was covering decent miles... When i was at the world of kawasaki event at Silverstone last year there was a guy ragging his zzr around the track showing its more than just a tourer.

9 Re: What would you recommend and why? on Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:42 pm

smilinjack

The 1200 is no slouch and the 1400 knocks it into a cocked hat. Question is, are you really ever going to use that level of performance? Not especially good looking either IMHO. Smile

10 Re: What would you recommend and why? on Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:21 pm

dirtydog

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:The 1200 is no slouch and the 1400 knocks it into a cocked hat. Question is, are you really ever going to use that level of performance? Not especially good looking either IMHO. Smile

"cock" *snigger*

Good point about performance but if your going for it why not go all the way..

11 Re: What would you recommend and why? on Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:11 am

fr499y

anyone ridden or owned a blackbird?

12 Re: What would you recommend and why? on Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:26 pm

stantheman

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:personally im hoping to get a new gsx 1250 FA next year
plenty power, comfy, full fairing and enough luggage ,a good all rounder - as I use a bike daily for me it ticks all the boxes and for £6000 new you cant argue with that thumbs
my mates wife has ordered him one of these for xmas ;he doesnt know anything about and its getting delivered on xmas eve

13 Re: What would you recommend and why? on Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:01 pm

smilinjack

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:anyone ridden or owned a blackbird?

Rode one before I bought my ZZR1200. Creamy smooth motor, clunky gearbox, bit too long a reach to the bars for my taste. Linked brakes not for everyone, although I never have a problem with my VFR. Overall, I concluded the Kawasaki held most of the cards. Deffo more power, comfier, better economy and lights. Handling prob got the edge too. Against it were inferior brakes, possibly finish (my ZZR has held up pretty well over 11 years though) so I went big K. Buy a 1400 and it is simply not a contest, as all the above holds true only more so. Smile

14 Re: What would you recommend and why? on Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:28 pm

fr499y

yeah i think the reach from seat to bars might be a issue for me. I've got long arms but short in the body!

one of the main reasons for looking at another bike for next year is, the so called no claims protection with MCE is a load of bullsh*t. Put it simply, my DRZ was stolen, they said i had protected no claims yet my insurance has gone through the roof. The bmw is something stupid like a group 17 to insure. Basically, its cost not a lot under a grand to insure my bikes thanks to MCE!

Anyway, back to the point.

I do like the VFR's, my dad had one for a few months and i rode it more than him, cracking bike, plenty of power and comfy. So far on my list of bikes to try early next year are

VFR 800 Vtec & new model
ZZR1400
Sprint GT ( maybe its smoother than the s-triple? )
V-strom 1000
FZ8

15 Re: What would you recommend and why? on Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:09 pm

Chadatious

tuono! stop being a girl fofl

16 Re: What would you recommend and why? on Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:24 pm

smilinjack

Got a Vtec so l can help you there, info for sure, maybe meet up sometime for a quick spin. Needs the Chadda mod doing for better feel. I really like the Sprint, in fact considered one but would mean selling my Speedy. That triple is just sublime. What about the Tiger? Sort of bit of both confused

17 Re: What would you recommend and why? on Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:24 pm

fr499y

eeds to be something that will be relatively comfy on the back for the misses, as well as fun for me to use on my own. Don't think a tuono is going to be comfy for her!

18 Re: What would you recommend and why? on Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:29 pm

fr499y

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Got a Vtec so l can help you there, info for sure, maybe meet up sometime for a quick spin. Needs the Chadda mod doing for better feel. I really like the Sprint, in fact considered one but would mean selling my Speedy. That triple is just sublime. What about the Tiger? Sort of bit of both confused

tell you the truth, forgot all about the tiger!

19 Re: What would you recommend and why? on Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:35 pm

smilinjack

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:yeah i think the reach from seat to bars might be a issue for me. I've got long arms but short in the body!

one of the main reasons for looking at another bike for next year is, the so called no claims protection with MCE is a load of bullsh*t. Put it simply, my DRZ was stolen, they said i had protected no claims yet my insurance has gone through the roof. The bmw is something stupid like a group 17 to insure. Basically, its cost not a lot under a grand to insure my bikes thanks to MCE!

Anyway, back to the point.

I do like the VFR's, my dad had one for a few months and i rode it more than him, cracking bike, plenty of power and comfy. So far on my list of bikes to try early next year are

VFR 800 Vtec & new model
ZZR1400
Sprint GT ( maybe its smoother than the s-triple? )
V-strom 1000
FZ8

Looking at that list the ZZR is insurance group 17 remember. VFR absolutely fabulous all rounder but falls short of perfect by maybe 10-15 bhp. Still tops 150mph mind. Good two up according to my wife-her favourite of my bikes in fact, ridden it to Spain and back without issues. Sprint GT I suspect would be like a VFR with proper power. Rode an old type V Strom and really liked it. Massive comfy seat and good motor & box, although not without potential problems. FZ8-never been a fan of Yams so don't know too much about them. I still can't get over all those buzzy two stroke LCs from years ago. Laughing

20 Re: What would you recommend and why? on Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:52 pm

stantheman

me mate bought the new v strom 1000 a few months ago he loves it but its gone into limp mode a couple of times and hasnt shown any fault codes as to why its done it as it re sets when turned off and back on again he thinks its something to do with the traction control scratch

21 Re: What would you recommend and why? on Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:53 pm

fr499y

yeah wouldn't mind a KH750 but wouldn't go down too well!! What i meant is the BMW is high for a naked bike. I got a qoute on a busa and a couple other bigger bikes and they came out cheaper by a fair few hundred quid!

This is the one i wish i could of bought of me dad lol I done a fair few miles two up on this and loved it. Maybe i'll end up with one.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

22 Re: What would you recommend and why? on Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:02 pm

smilinjack

And for my money you can't beat the sound of a V4........

23 Re: What would you recommend and why? on Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:06 pm

fr499y

cans look good on that! most i've seen are round the other way. Leo-vince?

24 Re: What would you recommend and why? on Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:39 pm

smilinjack

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:cans look good on that! most i've seen are round the other way. Leo-vince?

Certainly are. Bit of a problem with the luggage racks but I've still got the stock setup so no real problem. Smile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum